Category: hofumalqohsy

Chelsea complete signing of Monaco’s Bakayoko

by admin
first_imgSee also:Chelsea XI's draw at Crawley: three stand-out performersNew loan move agreed for Chelsea's Van GinkelChelsea youngster Ugbo joins Barnsley on loan Embed from Getty Images Chelsea have confirmed the signing of France international Tiemoue Bakayoko from Monaco.The 22-year-old midfielder has agreed a five-year contract at Stamford Bridge after the two clubs agreed an undisclosed fee.Bakayoko joined Monaco from Rennes in 2014 and made his France debut in March.AdChoices广告He was instrumental in Monaco’s Ligue 1 title triumph last season and helped them to the semi-finals of the Champions League.He is the third senior signing for Chelsea this summer, after the arrivals of Manchester City goalkeeper Willy Caballero and Roma defender Antonio Rudiger.center_img Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebooklast_img

Even better Williams. In Hungary, he advanced to Q2 with…

by admin
first_imgOne week ago in qualifying for the Styria Grand Prix at the Red Bull Ring, which took place in heavy rain, George Russell was able to advance from the first part of the qualification for the first time in his Formula One career and finally finished twelfth in the qualification. Before that, Williams last advanced to Q2 in 2018 in Brazil.A week later at the Hungaroring, Russell repeated his progress from the first part of the qualification, and in Q1 he even set the ninth best time.In the second part of the qualification, he took the twelfth place, just like a week ago, when this time he defeated Alexander Albon of the Red Bull.“The car came to life in these cold conditions in qualifying and I really enjoyed it. Again, I didn’t expect to be so fast, the car was great and I had a good rhythm. I was unlucky in my round in Q2, I got into traffic. I think it was possible to get to Q3 today, which would be amazing, “said Russell.“But considering where we were last year, twelfth place is incredible. I love to go fast on this track, it was fun and I am proud of the boys and girls that we achieved this result again. Let’s keep our fingers crossed that we have some rain tomorrow so that we can achieve a good result on it. I am ready to fight and hopefully we will have a successful race. ”Latifi is slightly disappointedIn his third qualification in his F1 career, Russell’s teammate Nicholas Latifi also advanced to the second part for the first time.“I am definitely very satisfied, I got into Q2 for the first time. From the team’s point of view, it is necessary to highlight all the great work they have done. We knew that this track would fit our cars better, but getting to Q2 with both cars shows that we have made great progress, “said Latifi.“I’m still a little disappointed that I didn’t finish better because I was expecting a little more. But I can be very satisfied with the overall result and huge congratulations to the boys. ”last_img

Porģģis will not take part in the “play-off” fifth game against…

by admin
first_imgPorziņģis did not participate in the fourth game of the NBA Western Conference quarter-finals on Sunday, as he was removed from the game application at the last minute due to an injury.Liepājnieks did not leave the field due to pain in his right knee, but in the updated report of injured players on Tuesday morning it was mentioned that his participation in the match is still under question. Shortly afterwards, several North American journalists reported that Porziņģis would not play on Tuesday.As Dallas head coach Rick Carlisle previously revealed, magnetic resonance imaging did not show serious injury. Last year, Porziņģis broke his cross ligaments in his left leg, but this season he missed ten games because there was pain in his other knee.The Mavericks are scheduled for their fifth game against the Los Angeles Clippers on Tuesday (Wednesday at 4 p.m. Latvian time). The series is still a 2-2 draw.Meanwhile, Luka Dončič’s participation in the next duel is described as “possible”. It was the Slovenian who secured his team in the last extra time in the fourth game of the series with a long shot.Third Berks also has the status of possible participation in the match, but under the question mark is Doriana Finland-Smith playing. If Donchic and Berk have a sprained left ankle, then Finland-Smith has suffered a hip injury.Patrick Beverley, on the other hand, has sprained his left caviar muscle at the Clippers camp, so his participation in the fifth duel of the series is questionable.NBA teams played eight matches before the playoffs to determine the final place distribution before the playoffs began. The Mavericks finished seventh in the Western Conference, while the Clippers finished second.last_img

Akwa United Grab First Win On The Road In Damaturu

by admin
first_imgAkwa United labored under the heat of the weather to grab all three points against Yobe Desert Stars in Damaturu on matchday 7 of the 2019 Nigeria Professional Football League.Mfon Udoh’s effort in the 29th minute was the difference between both sides after Etboy Akpan had set up the record league goal scorer for his third goal of the season.The former Enyimba captain did not hesitate to head in Etboy’s pin point cross minutes after his fellow statesman, Daniel Udoh at the other end almost turned in the ball for an own goal against his team due to the intense pressure mounted by Akwa in the early stages.After a moral boosting 3-0 win at home against Go Round FC in Uyo during the weekend, Coach Rafael Everton decided to stick with the formation and starting lineup which earned him his first league victory as gaffer of the two-time FA Cup winners.Few minutes into the encounter,  Udoh’s strike partner Ndifreke Effiong took a long-range effort which demanded  Goalkeeper Paul Godwin who was off the line to rediscover himself to keep the scoreline level.Shortly after Mfon nicked in his third of the season, Cameronian International, Jean Efala was called to action in a one on one encounter with Abdullahi Usman who succeeded in beating Akwa’s offside trap but failed to put the ball past Efala who pulled out a save from the hat to ensure the visitors held on to their lead.Before the end of the first half, Goalkeeper Paul’s poor clearance fell nicely at the centre of the eighteen yards box for Olisema, but the midfielder’s shot went narrowly wide.Coming in for the second 45 minutes, the home put more men forward in search for an equalizer, thereby opening up spaces for the Promise Keepers for several counter attacking attempts which ended futility.T o fortify the lead, Christopher Lolo was replaced by Ahlan Cup teenage sensation Ubong Essien while Etboy Akpan, who capped his fine game with an assist was later replaced by by Juwon Oshaniwa few minutes before the final whistle.In the closing stages of the encounter, the home side had a ball in the back of the net which was rightly called back for a foul in the buildup towards the goal.The 2017 Aiteo Cup champions who have one outstanding game at hand are now 7th placed on the log in Group B and will face newly promoted side, Kada City on matchday 8 at the Nest of Champions on Sunday. Relatedlast_img

Chelsea star banned from driving

by admin
first_imgChelsea star John Mikel Obi has been banned from driving for 15 months after admitting drinking and driving.The midfielder, who also plays for Nigeria, was arrested on 24 January in his Range Rover on Fulham Road, west London, near the club’s ground.The player, 21, from Weybridge, Surrey, was found by police to be almost twice the drink-drive limit.District Judge Jeremy Coleman also ordered Mikel to pay £1,580, at the West London Magistrates’ Court hearing.Mikel’s solicitor told the court the player would not attend a drink driving course, which could shorten his sentence. Instead the player “would just like to serve it out”.Mikel was stopped when officers became suspicious about the way he was driving, prosecutor Fubhanur Chowdhury told the court. “The reason he was stopped is he was driving at speed. The officers became suspicious of the manner in which he was driving.“They could smell alcohol on his breath. There were three attempts to provide a sample and the result was positive,” he said.The player was found to have 66 micrograms of alcohol in 100ml of breath. The legal limit is 35 micrograms.‘Deeply apologetic’The court heard he had drunk four to five glasses of wine at dinner after watching his team play at Stamford Bridge. Mikel’s solicitor Neil Shestopal said the player would normally be driven home by a friend, but on this occasion he had to take the wheel when his friend was called away.“This was a very unfortunate incident for which my client is deeply apologetic,” said Mr Shestopal.“He is not an irresponsible driver and apologises to the court for this really very deeply indeed.”The prosecution withdrew a charge of driving without a proper licence against him after they found he held a valid international licence.last_img

PSG appoint Ancelotti

by admin
first_imgCarlo Ancelotti has been confirmed as the new coach of Paris St Germain, the club announced at a press conference held at the Parc des Princes on Friday.The move comes after Antoine Kombouare left the post earlier on Friday, marking a return to the touchline for Ancelotti for the first time since he was sacked by Chelsea in May. Ancelotti was pictured meeting PSG sporting director Leonardo in the French capital on Wednesday before Friday’s confirmation he will take over the Ligue 1 leaders.The deal, which took some time to put together, was confirmed after PSG revealed Kombouare had left the post just an hour before Friday’s press conference, with Ancelotti attended. Kombouare was constantly at the centre of scrutiny this season despite leading PSG to the top of the Ligue 1 table at the winter break.However, the 48-year-old oversaw a premature Europa League exit at the group stage, which did not fit in with the club’s ambitious new Qatari owners, who have sought to reinvigorate the capital club with high-profile names.Ancelotti, 52, fits that bill and the former AC Milan boss could also be joined by David Beckham, who he coached briefly at the Italian club during his first loan spell at the San Siro, in the coming days. PSG are reportedly close to completing a deal to sign the former England skipper once his contract with Los Angeles Galaxy expires at the end of the month.Ancelotti won a league and cup double with Chelsea in his first season in charge before he was sacked at the end of last season despite finishing second. The Italian was also a two-time Champions League winner during his decade-long spell at Milan.last_img

Natalie Portman goes to space, and spaces out, in trippy teaser for ‘Lucy in the Sky’

by admin
first_imgFox Searchlight(LOS ANGELES) — While there are no tangerine trees and marmalade skies to be seen, things get appropriately trippy in the teaser for a new movie called Lucy In The Sky.In the film, Oscar-winner Natalie Portman plays a female NASA astronaut who shares her name with the heroine of the psychedelic Beatles classic.  Following a trip into space, she slowly starts to lose her mind.The film was co-written and directed by Noah Hawley, whose mind-bending talents can also be seen on FX’s equally trippy Legion.The teaser shows Lucy floating through the air in the zero-G of space and also on earth, as reality slips away from her.“You got to see the vast celestial everything and it blew your mind,” says Jon Hamm, playing a character who appears to be Lucy’s lover. “So now, nothing makes sense.”Legion‘s Dan Stevens plays Lucy’s husband, and the movie’s stellar supporting cast also includes Deadpool 2 and Atlanta‘s Zazie Beetz, as well as Tig Notaro, Ellen Burstyn, and Nick Offerman.There’s no release date yet set for the film.Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.last_img

Jodie Meeks Could Add To Depth of The Wizards Backcourt

by admin
first_imgThe Washington Wizards kicked off their first preseason game against the Guangzhou Long-Lions last week. Meeks’ provided efficient and quick offense, shooting 7-9 from the field, ending the game with 19 points in 16 minutes of play.https://youtu.be/77FNj_b7gIEIn the contest against the Cleveland Cavaliers Meeks’ dropped 13 points (3-7 FG, 3-4 3Pt, 4-4 FT) while adding four rebounds in 102-94 victory over the reigning Eastern Conference champs.Coach Scott Brooks appeared to be extremely confident in the depth Meeks’ could bring to the Wizards crowded backcourt. Floor spacing will be a important component in the Wizards offense and Jodie Meeks helps allow that by adding a offensive shot maker to the rotation.“He gives us a knockdown shooter off the bench, he shoots the ball over 40% and with our playmaking guards I’m sure he can get a lot of shots, that’s why we brought him in.” Coach Brooks said after the win over the Guangzhou Long-Lions.Please follow and like us:last_img

Dowrich keeps Windies on top despite Stokes’ four wickets

by admin
first_imgDowrich made 61 after opener Kraigg Brathwaite had top-scored with 65 in a total of 318 all out.Stand-in captain Ben Stokes led England’s attack with 4-49 to follow his top score of 43 in the hosts’ 204.But that left West Indies 114 runs ahead on first innings in a match that marks international cricket’s return from lockdown due to the coronavirus pandemic.And they were still 99 runs in front after openers Rory Burns and Dom Sibley survived a tricky 10 overs to take England to 15-0 in their second innings at stumps.“England bowled well and it was really challenging throughout the day, always aggressive,” Brathwaite told reporters. “So I think Dowrich and I did a good job for the team.”Stokes’ haul included the wicket of West Indies captain Jason Holder for just five, with the England talisman having fallen to his rival all-rounder during the towering seamer’s Test-best 6-42 on Thursday.But wicketkeeper Dowrich held firm with a fine fifty until a 115-ball innings featuring eight boundaries ended when he was caught down the legside by opposing gloveman Jos Buttler off Stokes.It was not the first time Dowrich had proved a thorn in England’s side.Last year he made 116 and shared a huge stand of 295 with Holder when his fellow Barbadian made an unbeaten 202 during the West Indies’ 381-run win over England in the first Test at their Kensington Oval home ground.That victory helped West Indies regain the Wisden Trophy but it is 32 years since they last won a Test series in England.– Archer and Wood struggle –England dropped veteran paceman Stuart Broad for this current match to play express quicks Jofra Archer and Mark Wood together for the first time in a Test.But Archer and Wood struggled to make an impression on a placid pitch.They took just one wicket between them in a combined 44 overs — and that was only when Wood bowled last man Shannon Gabriel.James Anderson, already England’s all-time leading Test wicket-taker with Broad in second place, took 3-62.“I think the West Indies have had the best of the first few days certainly, we are up against it, Anderson told reporters.But he sympathised with Archer, who bowled Shai Hope off a no-ball, and Wood.“I thought they bowled really well… You have days like this in Test cricket when things don’t quite go your way,” said Anderson.“Jofra, getting a wicket off a no-ball, if he gets that, his confidence goes up and he could get on a roll then. Similarly with Woody, I felt he bowled well in periods and on another day he could have had more wickets.”West Indies resumed behind closed doors on 57-1, with the first sunny blue skies of the match providing ideal conditions for batting.Hope, reprieved by Archer’s no-ball, was still on 16 when he edged off-spinner Dom Bess to first slip where Stokes, captaining England in the absence of Joe Root, held a sharp catch.England captain Ben Stokes (R) celebrates after having West Indies’ opener Kraigg Brathwaite lbw for 65 . POOL/AFP/Adrian DENNISStokes then made a breakthrough when he trapped Brathwaite in front of the stumps.Roston Chase drove the first delivery with the new ball, from Wood, for four before he was lbw to Anderson for a defiant 47 off 142 balls.Following his bowling heroics on Thursday, Holder said he wanted to score a Test hundred in England as well.But he fell in single figures when, undone by a surprise bouncer, he hooked Stokes to Archer at long leg.last_img

Gail Shore, 80, Wellington: March 6, 1938 – Nov. 5, 2018

by admin
first_imgGail ShoreGail M. Shore, of Wellington, died on Monday, November 5, 2018 at his home in Wellington at the age of 80.Gail was born the son of Marion Henry and Ada (Allen) Shore on Sunday, March 6, 1938 in Milan. He graduated from Wellington High School in 1956. On February 7, 1959, Gail and Sallie Ann Pennock were united in marriage at the First Christian Church in Wellington. Together they celebrated nearly 60 years of marriage.  Gail farmed his whole life on the family farm south of Wellington. He served 20 years on the Farmer’s Cooperative Board, 12 years as President. He also served on the Jackson Township board for many years.  In addition to growing wheat, grain sorghum and soybeans, he had stock cattle and later moved into a cow/calf operation. He loved working with animals and never went far without a dog at his side. He loved to hunt and enjoyed spending time with his family at the farm and the lake. He served 18 years on the Farmer’s Co-op board and 14 years as president.  Survivors include his wife, Sallie Shore of Wellington; daughter, Penny (Bill) Ellwood of Lake Tapawingo, Missouri; daughter, Cindy Shore of Winfield; son, Paul (Brenda) Shore of Wellington, sisters: Patricia Rawcliffe of Wichita, Darlene (Berle) Willis of Edmond, Oklahoma, Kathi (Robert) Fisk of Dallas, Georgia; brother, Don (Judy) Shore of Shell Knob, Missouri, grandchildren: Amanda (Zack) Arndt, Wes Ellwood, Eric (Betsy) Ellwood, Jesse Shore, Shelby Shore, Miranda Shore, Haley Parks, Monica Harris, Anna, Alex and Aidan Shore, great-grandchildren: Lula and Maxwell Arndt, Nora Ellwood, Jazmyn and Jedidiah Shore.  He was preceded in death by his parents, Marion and Ada Shore.Visitation will be held at the funeral home from 1:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., Friday, November 9, 2018 with the family present from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.Funeral services for Gail will be held at 10:00 a.m., Saturday, November 10, 2018 at the First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), Wellington. Interment will follow at Sumner Memorial Gardens, Wellington.A memorial fund has been established in his loving memory to the First Christian Church, Wellington. Contributions may be mailed or left with the funeral home.To share a memory or leave condolences, please visit www.cornejodayfuneralhome.com.Arrangements are by Cornejo|Day Funeral Home & Crematory, Wellington.last_img