Category: xizqtjtcjtmq

Blues Beat Wild Wednesday

by admin
first_img About Connatix V56490 360p 1/1 1080p HD The St. Louis Blues beat the Minnesota Wild 2-1 Wednesday night at Enterprise Center in St. Louis. The loss drops Minnesota to 4-9 overall this season, and 1-8 on the road.The Blues' Sammy Blais broke a scoreless tie with a goal at 6:52 of the second period, but the Wild quickly answered with Mats Zuccarello's first goal of the season at 8:43.St. Louis forward Alex Pietrangelo's fifth goal of the season, scored at 1:39 of the third period, proved to be the game-winner. Auto (360p)center_img 720p HD Visit Advertiser website GO TO PAGE Skip About Connatix V56490 The Wild will host the Blues in St. Paul on Saturday night. The game can be heard on AM 1390, Granite City Sports.last_img

Oturu Officially Declares for NBA Draft

by admin
first_img About Connatix V56490 720p HD About Connatix V56490 1080p HD 360p 1/1 Visit Advertiser website GO TO PAGE Skip Auto (360p) University of Minnesota sophomore forward Daniel Oturu has officially declared for the NBA Draft. Oturu shared the news on his Instagram page.Oturu is projected by many experts to be selected in the mid-to-late first round. The NBA Draft is scheduled for June 25th.last_img

Yager and Powers announce COVID-19 funds for CC health centers

by admin
first_imgNASHVILLE, TN (WLAF) – State Senator Ken Yager (R-Kingston) and Representative Dennis Powers (R-Jacksboro) today announced that two Campbell County health centers have been chosen for federal funding for expansion of COVID-19 testing.  The funds were awarded by the U.S. Health Resources and Services (HRSA) as part of the U.S. response to the COVID-19 pandemic.  Community Health of East Tennessee, Inc. in LaFollette will receive $180,289 and Dayspring Health, Inc. in Jellico will receive $242,719.  Both are federally qualified health centers.“The key to keeping our communities safe as our economy continues to open is aggressive testing,” said Sen. Yager.  “These community health centers are very important in this effort and I am very pleased that these two in Campbell County will receive these funds as part of the response to the COVID-19 pandemic.  I also want to thank our congressional delegation for their help in securing these needed funds.”“I’m very pleased these health centers will receive additional resources to aid in the fight against COVID-19,” said State Rep. Dennis Powers. “Until there is a vaccine, testing will play a critical part in slowing the spread of this potentially deadly infection and limiting hospitalizations.  I appreciate President Donald Trump and our leaders in congress for making these funds available in our community.”The funding for health centers is part of the Paycheck Protection Program and Health Care Enhancement Act, signed into law by President Trump on April 24th.  In addition to providing funding for small businesses and individuals financially affected by COVID-19, it provides grants for hospitals and healthcare providers, and increased testing capabilities to help track the spread and impact of the coronavirus.Across the U.S., health centers are currently providing more than 100,000 weekly COVID-19 tests in their local communities. (WLAF NEWS PUBLISHED – 05/11/2020-2PM)Share this:FacebookTwitterlast_img

Wolves player gathering interest and estimated price tag on the developing…

by admin
first_imgThe player has been loaned to second division side UD Las Palmas for a year, and has four goals in nine appearances so far, convincing the club that he was worth the effort.Now according to La Provincia, Valencia have been watching his performances, and would be interested in making an attempt once his loan with Las Palmas comes to an end.Las Palmas are aware of Valencia’s intention, but are also keen on taking Mir permanently in case they get the promotion at the end of the season.Embed from Getty ImagesLa Provincia claims that Las Palmas had already tried to secure a €4.3m buying option when negotiating with Wolves, but the English side turned it down.Now it’s said that Mir has a market value of €10m, and the two Spanish sides could be fighting for him at the end of the season.The competition surely puts Wolves in a very good position, where they will be comfortable to raise his price. And in case Mir continues to succeed, other interested sides will show up.by Taboolaby TaboolaSponsored LinksSponsored LinksPromoted LinksPromoted LinksTrending TodayRaid: Shadow Legends | Free DownloadEven Non-Gamers Are Obsessed With This RPG Game (It's Worth Installing!)Raid: Shadow Legends | Free DownloadUndoKeto减肥1個簡單的妙招一夜「融化」腹部贅肉(今晚試試)Keto减肥UndoStanChart by CNBC CatalystWill Blockchain Reduce the Global Trade Finance Gap to Reach the UN's Sustainable Development Goals?StanChart by CNBC CatalystUndoPerfect-Dating.comReveal Tung Chung As The Best City to Date for Love & RomancePerfect-Dating.comUndoDating.comThe Most Handsome Guys In Hong Kong On This Dating SiteDating.comUndoTheTopFiveVPNEnjoy Netflix Now Without Any RestrictionsTheTopFiveVPNUndo熱門話題小心會長過頭…網友推爆:「真的長得超誇張!」熱門話題UndoInstant Voice Translator43 Languages Instant Voice Translator Flying Off Shelves in Hong KongInstant Voice TranslatorUndoSmart Tech TrendOver 55? You Have to Try Those Revolutionary Glasses!Smart Tech TrendUndo Wolverhampton Wanderers owned Rafa Mir seems to be impressing in Spain, where at least two clubs are looking to sign him permanently in the next summer.last_img

Club believe deal for Chelsea player ‘is within reach’ for less…

by admin
first_imgEmerson Palmieri is a target for Inter. We know, it really isn’t news, but when Gazzetta dello Sport put as much effort into the story as they have on Friday, we kind of have to relay it, mostly because there’s actually a bit of detail in it for once.It all stems from the talks both Chelsea and Inter had over the extension of Victor Moses’ loan, as the Italian side decided to use the opportunity to enquire about the left-back.Gazzetta state Inter, ‘over the past few days’, have ‘informed themselves’ with the Premier League club, and have found out a deal ‘is within reach’.Chelsea, if they are to let Emerson go, want a ‘definitive solution’, and Inter ‘aren’t excluding’ a loan with a view to buy for a package worth less than €30m.It’s revealed the left-back is ‘pushing’ for a return to Italy, and ‘his intentions’ are in line with those of Antonio Conte.If Chelsea and Inter can’t find an agreement on Emerson, then there’s always Marcos Alonso, who is described as the ‘number one alternative’.by Taboolaby TaboolaSponsored LinksSponsored LinksPromoted LinksPromoted LinksTrending TodayForge of Empires - Free Online GameIf You Like to Play, this Game is a Must-HaveForge of Empires - Free Online GameUndo聽多多 Hearmore.asia1969年前出生的香港居民現可免費試戴頂尖的歐洲助聽器聽多多 Hearmore.asiaUndoHero WarsGetting this Treasure is impossible! Prove us wrong!Hero WarsUndo熱門話題小心會長過頭…網友推爆:「真的長得超誇張!」熱門話題UndoStanChart by CNBC CatalystDigitization in Banks Is No Longer About Efficiency, but Business Resilience. Don't Get Left Behind.StanChart by CNBC CatalystUndoCNN with DBS BankWhat Banks Did To Help Corporations Mitigate Future CrisesCNN with DBS BankUndoGrepolis - Online Free GameGamers Around the World Have Been Waiting for this Game! Already 35 Million PlayersGrepolis - Online Free GameUndoKeto减肥1個簡單的妙招一夜「融化」腹部贅肉(今晚試試)Keto减肥UndoTemenos by CNBC CatalystIs a Digital Revolution Crucial for Banks to Stay Ahead in a Post-Pandemic World?Temenos by CNBC CatalystUndolast_img

Player has ‘suitcases in hand’ ahead of Newcastle move – Fee…

by admin
first_imgIn dire need of left-back reinforcements, Newcastle United have targeted Sassuolo’s Rogério. The 22-year-old, who was signed permanently from Juventus last summer following a two-year loan, has been the subject of talks between the two sides, and Monday’s edition of Gazzetta dello Sport are very optimistic about a deal getting done.They report the player has his ‘suitcases in hand towards Newcastle’, with negotiations heading ‘towards the yes’.All they are waiting for now is for the final ‘signatures’ to transfer a defender ‘who wants to try his hand in the Premier League’.The sale is believed to be at around €14m, and Sassuolo are already looking at a replacement for Rogério, with Barcelona B’s Sergio Akieme named, a Spanish of Equatoguinean origin.They don’t give us anymore detail than this, but there’s not much else needed, to be honest.The player wants the move, we now know the fee will be around €14m and the two sides are very close to an agreement.Steve Bruce will be a happy man.by Taboolaby TaboolaSponsored LinksSponsored LinksPromoted LinksPromoted LinksTrending TodayForge of Empires - Free Online GameIf You Like to Play, this City-Building Game is AddictiveForge of Empires - Free Online GameUndoDBS"I had S$9 left in my bank account"DBSUndoTip ParentsBaby Keeps Waking Up With Scratches, Mom Checks Camera And Calls CopsTip ParentsUndoInvest With VICShe collects rental-like income every month! See how she does it!Invest With VICUndoNessa HearingPeople in Singapore Born Before 1965 Eligible for Free Hearing Aid TrialNessa HearingUndoDaily Sport XShe Was A Legendary Actress - Today She Works 9 To 5Daily Sport XUndoRaid: Shadow Legends | Free DownloadEven Non-Gamers Are Obsessed With This RPG Game (It's Worth Installing!)Raid: Shadow Legends | Free DownloadUndoRich HousesCosplay Costumes That Went A Little Too FarRich HousesUndoGOMO by Singtel.Switch to GOMO. 40GB for $20 for 12 months!GOMO by Singtel.Undolast_img

CSKA fans organize a mass viewing of the match with BATE…

by admin
first_imgCSKA fans are organizing a mass viewing of the match of the second qualifying round of the Europa League against BATE Tribune Sector D on their Facebook page.According to the information, the “red” fans are organizing to watch the match together on the Summer Stage in “Borisova Garden”, where a special video wall will be installed. Supporters begin to gather at 7 p.m.The match between CSKA and BATE Borisov is on September 17 at 20:00 at the “Bulgarian Army” stadium, and the match will be held without spectators due to the coronavirus pandemic.last_img

This Day in History

by admin
first_imgJustice Edward Zacca Edward Zacca was named Acting Governor GeneralOn this day in history March 31, 1991, Edward Zacca was named the Acting Governor General of Jamaica. He served in this position from March 31st to August 1, 1991, until the position was filled by Howard Cooke. Zacca was also the Chief Justice of the Jamaican Supreme Court from 1985 to 1996. Under the constitution of Jamaica, the Chief Justice of Jamaica can serve as acting Governor-General when that office is vacant. In 2015, former Chief Justice Zacca was knighted by The Queen in her 2015 Birthday Honors list. He was knighted as the Knight Commander of the Order of St. Michael and St. George.last_img

Osaka, Kvitova chase double delight in Melbourne final

by admin
first_imgMELBOURNE, (Reuters) – The rewards could not get bigger when Petra Kvitova takes on Naomi Osaka in today’s Australian Open final with one of them set to emerge as a fresh champion at Melbourne Park as well as the new world number one. Four months after stunning 23-times Grand Slam champion Serena Williams in the final of the U.S. Open last September, 21-year-old Osakais one win away from becoming the first player since Jennifer Capriati to win the next Grand Slam after her maiden major title.Petra KvitovaThe fourth seed, one of the cleanest strikers of the ball in women’s tennis, is not expecting it to be a cakewalk, especially being pitted against an opponent as aggressive as Osaka and also more experienced with two Wimbledon titles under her belt.  Osaka fought back from a set and 4-1 down against Taiwan’s Hsieh Su-wei in the third round at Melbourne Park and showed her determination in winning two more three-setters to keep a 13-match victory streak in Grand Slams running.She will need all of that grit if she hopes to stop Kvitova, who is yet to drop a set en route to her maiden Australian Open final, in their first career meeting. “I think to have the opportunity to play her for the first time in a final of a Grand Slam is something very amazing,” Osaka told reporters after her semi-final win. “I’ve watched her play the Wimbledon finals.“I know what a great player she is. It’s definitely going to be very tough for me.”  Kvitova is one match away from capping one of the most inspiring comebacks in the history of the sport, having had to undergo a nearly four-hour surgery on her playing hand in 2016 after being attacked by a knife-wielding intruder at her home in the Czech Republic.She missed the 2017 tournament at Melbourne Park while recovering from the surgery and it was just not a case of overcoming a physical injury as the attack left an indelible mental scar too.“I have been in the final of the Grand Slam, but this is a little bit different,” she told reporters on Friday. “I’m not playing on the grass, but I think it’s just probably a little bit more special because it’s after everything I have been through. So I think it’s just different, but I don’t think it’s, like, more nervous.”The 28-year-old, currently sixth in the rankings, won the Sydney International warm-up before arriving in Melbourne and has not looked back, having strolled past her opponents in a 11-match winning streak.  Saturday could, however, be a different fight against the big-hitting Osaka, who hammered 56 winners and clubbed 15 aces to defeat another Czech player in Karolina Pliskova.  “I need to play my best tennis, what I can say. I think Naomi is on fire. She’s in very good form,” Kvitova said.“She’s an aggressive player, which I am, as well. So I think it will be about who gonna take the first point and push the other a little bit.” With both players evenly matched in their aggressive play and ability to serve big, Kvitova’s coach Jiri Vanek believed the player with the bigger heart will win today’s contest.  Vanek’s opposite number Sascha Bajin believes Osaka’s fitness and mindset will give her the edge in rallies.The number one ranking will be the cherry on the top for the winner as she will unseat Romanian Simona Halep, who was ousted by Serena Williams in the fourth round, at the top spot of the women’s game on Monday.It will be a first-ever week as world number one for either players as Osaka is at her career-best ranking at fourth, while Kvitova climbed as high as second during 2011.last_img

US Olympic swim champion, a rape survivor, fights abuse in sport

by admin
first_img First Published: 5th March, 2020 12:59 IST The day before the interview, Hogshead-Makar had been working until the early hours drafting a letter to the US Congress about bipartisan legislation that calls for tougher protections for amateur athletes against abuse by coaches and employees. Hogshead-Makar's work ethic mirrors the dedication that formed the cornerstone of her swimming career -- from the age of 11, she would spend four hours a day churning the waters of her training pool. "My winning formula was to compete," Hogshead-Makar said. "That's how I was successful in life." After retiring from swimming, the Iowa native channelled her energy into helping others. After becoming a lawyer, she focused on campaigning for gender equality and combating sexual abuse in sport.'Profoundly broken'For decades, Hogshead-Makar did not talk publicly about the traumatic events that occurred in the autumn of 1981 when she was 19. While out jogging outside the campus of Duke University in North Carolina, she was raped by a stranger. With help and support from loved ones, friends and coaches, she rebuilt her life but kept the attack private. "I didn't talk about it for 20 years because I would have started to cry, as I healed from it," Hogshead-Makar said. SUBSCRIBE TO US Eventually, a friend and mentor, the human rights activist Richard Lapchick, suggested that talking about the attack could help."He said, 'You really need to start talking about your own experience'," Hogshead-Makar said."And he was right." She suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder."I felt profoundly broken. I felt forsaken by God. I was scared all the time," she said."I thought that I could overcome it by willing it away." Hogshead-Makar said she benefited from two things that many sexual assault victims don't receive."Number one, everybody around me believed that it happened," she said. "Number two, people believed in the depth of my emotional harm. Nobody told me, 'Just get over it'."  "I guess you have to be in order to try to win in the Olympics and try to address sexual abuse in sports," Hogshead-Makar said."They're pretty audacious goals." Three years after the trauma of being raped by a stranger while jogging outside a university campus, American swimmer Nancy Hogshead-Makar lit up the 1984 Olympic Games in Los Angeles by winning three gold medals and a silver. Today, the 57-year-old lawyer, mother and activist devotes her life towards the fight for gender equality and the battle against sexual abuse in sport. In an interview with AFP ahead of International Women's Day on March 8, Hogshead-Makar says she remains "unrealistically optimistic" about her work and life in general. Written By Press Trust Of India center_img COMMENT WATCH US LIVE LIVE TV Last Updated: 5th March, 2020 12:59 IST US Olympic Swim Champion, A Rape Survivor, Fights Abuse In Sport 3 years after the trauma of being raped by a stranger while jogging outside a university campus, American swimmer Nancy Hogshead-Makar lit up the 1984 Olympics Gender equityIn her efforts to foster change in Olympic sports in the United States, she's drawing from her experience as an elite swimmer. Hogshead-Makar believes that the nature of competitive swimming fosters equality. "It's no coincidence that some of the best gender equity advocates come from the sport of swimming because we see equality," she said. "I trained almost exclusively with guys. I was accustomed to having things be fair. We swam lap-for-lap and we lifted weight-for-weight." There have however been cases of questionable behavior.One of Hogshead-Makar's former coaches, Mitch Ivey, was suspended from the sport for life in 2013 after evidence emerged of improper sexual relationships with multiple swimmers he had coached. "The boundaries are just not well spelled out the way they are for counselors, religious leaders or lawyers or teachers," says Hogshead-Makar, who has founded the advocacy group Champion Women. In 2012, the United States Olympic Committee ordered all its member federations to ban intimate relationships between coaches and athletes, regardless of age and consent.Hogshead-Makar however says the message still needs to be reinforced. She estimates that only 0.5 percent of swimmers and 1.4 percent of their parents have received adequate training to safeguard against the problem. To raise awareness on the issue, Hogshead-Makar is working on a social media campaign with Child USA, a non-profit which works to end child abuse and neglect in the United States. She was also heavily involved in the effort to launch the US Center for SafeSport, the first independent organization to combat sexual and physical violence in Olympic sports, which launched in 2017. Image credits: AP FOLLOW USlast_img